American Bugatti Club Background The American Bugatti Club was founded in California in 1960 for the purpose of encouraging interest in Bugattis and providing a network in the United States for members to learn more about each other and their cars.
A Register of all Bugattis known to exist in North America is maintained and published. Revisions are produced and printed each year in order to keep interested parties up to date.
A quarterly magazine Pur Sang is published by the club and is also available to non-members on a subscription basis.
The History of the ABC
The American Bugatti Club was founded in 1960 by a small group of Bugatti owners from Southern California. During the late 1950s several California enthusiasts began to import Bugattis in increasing numbers. In 1958, a local group of owners organized a picnic in Arroyo Seco Park in South Pasadena and seventeen Bugattis attended. Another picnic was then held at Fred Treats estate and interest in forming a Bugatti Club, to promote the use of Bugattis and help other Bugatti owners around the country restore and maintain their cars, was building. On February 10, 1960, a meeting was held to select officers, set the dues and finalize the name; the American Bugatti Club was formed.